CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 29 November 2016

November Pinterest challenge

 
 
Hello friends and visitors, I'm here with my PinChicks challenge today, yes, I know i'm a day early but I didn't want it to clash with my Creative Inspirations challenge that goes live tomorrow.
 
 
so on to the pin which I have really enjoyed even tho it was an easy thing to make.
 
there is a little story to this pin...
a very good friend of mine (you know who you are) has been an absolute rock to me while ive been struggling and she ends every message with 'Chin up Chicken' and she told me that her dad always says that to her when she needs to hear it.
It makes me feel special that she would share a special family saying with me. like I said, she is a very special friend.
 
so I wanted to make her something to thank her for always being there and of course where would I look..... Pinterest of course!
and I found the perfect little chicken.
 
 
I have a set of heart dies so cutting the felt was easy and I hand stitched the wording, blanket stitched around the edge before stuffing him and adding a little eye.
he was very quick and simple to make but I was pleased with him and so was my friend. she deserves much more than a stuffed chicken but I think she knows I was thinking of her and her lovely dad the whole time I was making this.
I will keep her name private but I really do want her to know how much she has helped me througha dark patch.
 
there wasn't a tutorial for this chicken but its made from various size hearts dies and straightforward to put together.
 
so....
I felt a bit bad on my other talented pinchicks because I know they will be putting in a lot of time and effort on this months projects so I thought id share what else I have been making this month.
this is a pin I have used before but I loved the pattern so decided to make another one.
 
 
this is an across body bag. ive made this bag a few times now in various sizes but I just love this small one.
 
here is the link for the original pattern at little Monkeys crochet
 
check out her other patterns too, she is such a talented lady.
 
Talking of talented ladies please travel worldwide now and visit the other pinchicks to see what they have ben doing this month.
 
 
 
 
 
and
 
 
well that's it for tonight but please pop back tomorrow to check out my creative inspirations card,
 
hugs for now
Suzanne xxx
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. You said it was small but it's prefect and gorgeous, I love it, well done
    Hugs
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far the Cutest chick I've come across !!! Hmmm, a chick from a pin chick - how cute is that ;-D I'm so glad you have a friend by your side - the best gift any person can have. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see now I just needed to scroll down some more I love it and love crochet work I have a blog friend that just finished a blanket and you and her do very well with this fiber art :) http://scottys-place.blogspot.com/ I wouldn't mind either one of you sitting down with me and helping me read directions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in too mush of a hurry I love this chicken and felt I was still going on about your crochet purse too much :) I love how the heart is the chicken too and another love I have is felt :)

    ReplyDelete