CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Clean and Simple?

 
Clean and simple of fussy and fancy?
 
which one would you choose?
 
I've chosen clean and simple but only because I wrongly thought that would mean quick!
 
I've got such a lot of cardmaking to catch up with this month but oh boy this card took ages!
 
I chose my new Tim Holtz Crazy bird stamp set...
 
 
 
I stamped him with versafine sepia ink which looks great on the kraft card blank.
 
then I coloured it in with my Derwent Inktense pencils.
 
(by the way, the 24 pencil set is a great price on amazon at the moment)
 
I really need more practice with these pencils and I've been spending hours watching Sandy Allnock on YouTube. wow she is one incredibly talented lady!
I wish I could colour and paint like she does. Maybe when I win the lotto I'll be able to visit her and get some lessons. (hmmm yeah right)!
 
next on my card I cut the impression obsession bare branch die in brown cardstock and then I cut it a few more times with various autumn colours.
I cut all leaves out and stuck them to the branch. they are tiny so this took some time but it was worth it. the colour variations don't show up in my poor photo but they really do look nice.
 
lastly I used a fine marker in brown and drew some song notes. no great skill needed for that.
 
so which will you choose?
do you like the fussy and fancy look? I love it but I'm always in danger of making a mess with too much added stash.
 
I hope you will join us at creative inspirations. I love browsing everyone's blogs and leaving some comments.
I always appreciate comments left here for me too but if you are a 'spammer' don't waste your time, I read all comments before publishing them so I would appreciate it if you didn't comment if you are not really interested in crafting.
thank you.
 
here is the link for you to pop over and join us.
 
hugs Suzanne x
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Suzanne, this is a really gorgeous card. I love your design with the added branch and musical notes (They area genius idea)! So far I have resisted the temptation of those adorable birds but not sure now how much longer I can hold out!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this suzanne.fab cas design and the fun bird is fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete