CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 21 April 2015

April's pinterest project

hi I'm here to show you what I made for my 'April' project. As some of you know I have chosen to try out one thing each month from pinterest. Up till now I've done crochet items so I thought I'd go back to basics and make a card this time.
 
 

 
this is Daisy from Sugar Nellie. I wanted this stamp for over two years but couldn't find her.
then a docrafts friend asked if I wanted to buy her one. (thanks Paula Hollifield)
 
She is just soooo sweet and I can remember my sister teaching me how to make daisy chains many moons ago.
She taught me many other useful skills too.
( I cant peel a brussel sprout without smiling and thinkin of her)
but I'm sure you don't need to hear that old story. Oh I miss her so much.
 
ok, back to my card.
 
I found the original post here
 
I love how Delphine did the background with distress inks so this was an easy choice for me.
 
I cut daisy out and used 3D foam to give her a little lift and did the same for the clouds.
 
its a very simple card but I love how it turned out and I will be using this background technique again.
 
so thank you for the tutorial Delphine and CC designs.
 
My good friend MargaretD2 is playing alone with me on the pinterest calendar so please check out her blog to see what she has made. oh boy is she a talented lady or what!
I'd love to be able to make the gorgeous tatted items that she finds so easy to do.
(one day Margaret, one day)!
 
If anyone wants to join us please let us know so we can visit your blogs.
It doesn't have to be a crafty item, it can be cooking or cleaning, gardening or a health tip....
anything you find on pinterest that you want to have a go at.
And let us see the 'fails' aswell.
Yes I've had a few of those!
Like my magic carpet cleaning recipe, hmmm well we won't be trying that again and I'm still trying to convince myself the stain left there doesn't look too bad.
maybe i'll post pictures of that one day but not yet..... I need therapy to get me through it first!
 
seriously..... the panic when I couldn't get the baking powder out of my red carpet still haunts me.
 
lol
 
well that's all for today.
 
hugs Suzanne xx
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzanne
    Your April Pinterest challenge piece is beautiful and gorgeous, I love your card and the way you have done it.
    Well done will post mine later.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete